Saturday 12 November 2022

Water Story 7th October 2022 ~ Tarbet to Inversnaid

With waves of flu assailing our regular crew we had a very small turnout today, valiantly arriving at Tarbet pier even as Glasgow disappeared in a deluge of rain. Within minutes of our departure the sun came out... as is always the way with Water Story!




*****************************************************************
Our focus today, in the sloppy wake of presidential disaster, was POWER.

And now for some of 

YOUR WRITING:

Well nothing has come in as yet but as we prepare for the xmas perty on the canal Maggie has reminded us of this:

'Oh the Crinnan Canal for me;
I don't like the wild raging sea!
T' would be too terrific to sail the Pacific
Or sail to japan or Figi - 
 
 I don't fancy leaving my bones
in a locker beside Davy Jones!
The big foaming breakers would give me the shakers -
the Crinan Canal for me. 

The Crinan Canal for me;
from sea terrors there you are free
There's no shark or whale that would make you turn tail
or quiver or quake at the knee.

Aye, the Crinan canal for me 
it's neither too big or too wee
You can sit in its locks while you're darning your socks,
or drinking a nice cup of tea...'
*****************************************************************


Thanks to funders
Lapidus Scotland gratefully acknowledges the support of Glasgow City Health and Social Care Partnership's "Wellbeing for Longer in Glasgow Fund" (managed by Impact Funding Partners) and, of course, Cruise Loch Lomond.

No comments:

Post a Comment