Tuesday 8 December 2020

Friday 11th December Gerry Loose Water Story

 Water Story was delighted to have guest author Gerry Loose zooming in for this session this 


"Without Words"

was the title of the session and he certainly gave the industrious Water Story writers a good crafting workout before heading off Eswatini for a gathering of southern African poets. Here's the link via facebook for that session if you'd like to hear it (you need to click the link on the same device that you have facebook connected to...).

Seeing Gerry puts me in mind of a wording duel that Gerry began with me in 2012 when I moored up next to their residential narrow boat in Bowling. 


I was embarking on my Clyde to Caledonia Odyssey and had those words attached to the side of the barge in giant magnetic letters. Of course this was more of challenge than Gerry could bear and the next day I discovered his new anagram of moved letters:

led on a city dale co

There ensued a scrabbling duel with Gerry and I taking turns and the standard of anagram stepping up daily. 


Did I ever tell him what a fine distraction this was from the terror of the imminent journey and the agony of waiting for just the right weather and tide to take a canal boat to sea.... not that this proved to be a brilliant idea...


Many thanks to Kate Lindsay for the following contributions:

Water Story 11 Dec 2020 – Gerry Loose Workshop

Prompt: I as she who …

 

I am she who dances

alone  in the kitchen

I am she who dances

with weans as well as  wolves

I am she who dances

in the morning to greet the day

I am she who dances

whether …. or not …. folk are watching

I am she who dances

without sequins and sparkle

I am she who dances

while she can

 

 

Kate Lindsay


Water Story

11 December 2020

Workshop with Gerry Loose

Prompt: an encounter with someone or something that meant a lot but did not involve words

 

Small Encounters

The hand on my elbow as we make our way along the corridor

The glance of understanding as we wait

The step aside in recognition that to go on unhindered is easier than beginning again

The nod of acknowledgement to experiences shared 

The arm across my shoulders while emotion abates

The cold air on my face as I open the door

The sight of the red breast of the robin

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment